Recipe by Sackville
The flavours in this dish remind me of Christmas, and for that reason it would be a nice desert around the holidays, but we like it any time of year. It's easily doubled to serve more people.
- 3 pears, peeled
- 118.29 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml clove
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml water
- 59.14 ml raisins
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Core and halve the pears.
- Place them face down in a greased baking dish.
- Whisk together the orange juice, cornstarch, cinnamon, cloves, sugar and water.
- Pour over the pears.
- Sprinkle over the raisins.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminium foil and bake in a 425 F or 220 C oven for 25 minutes.
- This is the time needed to bake fairly hard pears, so if yours are soft you may be able to take them out after 10-15 minutes.
- Take the dish out of the oven.
- Using a spoon, scoop up any juice on the bottom of the pan and drizzle it over the pears.
- Sprinkle over the brown sugar.
- Turn on the top element of the oven and put the pears back in the oven for a couple minutes until they start to brown on top.
- Remove from the oven.
- Divide between two bowls and serve topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.