Recipe by Dreamgoddess
This is another recipe from a 1970's Sunset cookbook. The recipe is delightfully simple to prepare, yet elegant in presentation. Enjoy!
- 3 medium pears
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the pears in half lengthwise and core (you make peel them first if you wish).
- Place the pears, cut side up, in a casserole dish.
- Combine the water, maple-flavored syrup, sugar, maple flavoring, and butter.
- Pour over the pears.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes, or until the pears are tender.
- Place in individual dishes, drizzle the sauce over the pears and sprinkle pecans on top.