This is another recipe from a 1970's Sunset cookbook. The recipe is delightfully simple to prepare, yet elegant in presentation. Enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the pears in half lengthwise and core (you make peel them first if you wish).
- Place the pears, cut side up, in a casserole dish.
- Combine the water, maple-flavored syrup, sugar, maple flavoring, and butter.
- Pour over the pears.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes, or until the pears are tender.
- Place in individual dishes, drizzle the sauce over the pears and sprinkle pecans on top.
Very nice dessert. Very light and all the flavors blend so well. I bet a scoop of vanilla icecream would top this off nicely as well. Darn did not have any. Thanks for sharing.
I'm sorry to have to rate this so low. I made these pears tonight, they, in my opinion, were very tasteless. The sugars seemed to have overpowered the pears. Not what I was looking for.
Unbelievably scrumptious!What more can I say? Good job, Goddess! (BTW, I couldn't find maple flavoring, so omitted it and never missed it--pure maple syrup was enough to provide a full maple flavor.)