Recipe by Cookin' in Texas
This is a recipe I found in a Diabetes & You magazine that Walgreens has. I really love this recipe cause it is low in carbs and being a diabetic that is good.
- 4 Anjou pears, peeled, halved lengthwise and cored
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon margarine, cut into 8 pieces
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Sprinkle pears with cinnamon and place, cut side up, in a baking dish. Place 1 piece of margarine in the core cavity of each pear. Add water to dish and bake pears until tender, about 1 hour, basting with water one halfway through. Remove from oven and cool slightly. Slice each pear lengthwise into thin slices and fan out on dessert plates.
- Heat chocolate and half-and-half in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and well combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a large spoon, drizzle chocolate sauce decoratively over pear slices. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve.