Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from The Delforge Place Bed & Breakfast in Fredericksburg, Texas. Use the best ripe pears you can find! Great as dessert or for Christmas morning or anytime you want to do something special for your friends and family.
- 4 ripe bartlett pears
- 177.44 ml oats
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 88.74 ml butter
- 354.88 ml apple juice (2-6 oz. cans)
- Core pears but do not peel.
- Place in greased 9" square pan.
- Combine oats, sugar, spices and butter until crumbly.
- Stuff pears letting excess fall into pan.
- Pour 3/4 cup apple juice into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour, basting after 30 minutes. Add more juice if necessary.
- Cool 30 minutes before serving.
Excellent, easy dessert. I added about 1/2 cup each chopped walnuts and dried cherries to the stuffing. Yum!
We loved this recipe! The topping tasted a little like a British flapjack to me (I love flapjack!). The flavours of the pears and the topping blended together so beautifully we'll definitely make this often. With low fat butter and Splenda brown sugar, this recipe has 5 Weight Watchers points per serving/ whole pear. Made for ZWT6.
This recipe was so easy and so yummy! My guests couldn't believe how good it tasted. This ones a keeper!