Recipe by Bergy
I have not made this but thought it looked interesting (for those of us that like pears that is). It is from our local TV guide from a column called the Chopping Block by Philomena Corradeno
- 1 (15 ounce) can pears in light syrup
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans or almonds)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and chop the pears, 1/2" chunks, reserve 1 cup of syrup.
- Toss together the nuts, cinnamon, pears& biscuit mix.
- Place this mixture in a shallow baking dish.
- in a saucepan combine the pear syrup, brown sugar& butter.
- Heat to boiling, add lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Pour over the pears in the baking dish.
- Bake in 375F oven for 30 minutes serve warm.