Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm always on the lookout for healthy and light desserts or treats, here's one I recently came across that I really enjoyed, it makes a nice after dinner dessert served with a non-fat, no sugar added ice cream, or just ice cream ;)
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend or 1⁄4 cup sucanat
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 6 medium pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine topping ingredients until well mixed and crumbly. Set aside.
- Combine pears, lemon juice, ginger, splenda and flour.
- Spread this fruit mixture over bottom of baking pan.
- Sprinkle fruit with topping.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until pears are tender.
I didn't care for the ginger flavor, perhaps different seasoning, but texture is good!