Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
We have 4 pear trees in our yard. This is one way I like to cook them.
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- Place pear slices in an ungreased microwave dish.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with sugar and nutmeg.
- Cover and cook on high five minutes or until pears are tender. (Microwave ovens vary, so you may need to cook longer or less).
eating this now...its good! although i do say it could have a little something more. I served this to myself with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Would also be good if cooked with brown sugar as well, maybe some graham cracker crumbs on top too!
Wow, nummy! I used a bit of cardamom instead of nutmeg and it was amazing. I think I'll make it again tomorrow and try the nutmeg. Makes an excellent light supper or a healthy dessert. Good one!
Very good-better than a canned pear for sure! I made as posted and the only change I would make next time and there will be a next time---is half as much butter. I think the natural juices in the pear could almost cook it thoroughly. The nutmeg was very nice, and cinnamon would be good too. I put it all on a dinner plate-easy peasy to do. Thanks bmcnichol for posting. Made for PRMR tag.