Recipe by Maito
This sundae is quick and easy, but sensational! Please note: bananas do not retain their color when baked.
Top Review by mersaydees
Very delicious! I used Haagen Dazs light coffee and light vanilla ice creams. I did not add the optional caramel sauce. I used real whipped cream (that I whipped up myself -- sorry! :(). Thanks, Maito! Made for PRMR.
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, preferably natural
- 1 banana, unpeeled
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free vanilla ice cream (or regular low fat)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat coffee ice cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar-free chocolate syrup (or regular)
- 1 teaspoon caramel sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free whipped topping (ie. whipped cream in a can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Make a deep lengthwise slit in the unpeeled banana, without cutting all the way through. Use your fingers to make an opening where you cut, filling the banana with peanut butter.
- Wrap in foil, sealing the top to form a sort of “boat”. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Carefully open the foil. Use a knife to cut one of the ends of the peel off. Lift whole banana out in one piece (you will probably need two utensils for this), and place in a serving bowl.
- Scoop ice creams next to the banana and top all three with syrups and whipped cream. Serve immediately.