Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've been trying to find various snack recipes involving peanut butter for my egg-allergic daughter, and continuously came across no-bake cookie type ones. I've never been a fan of no-bake cookies, and trying to get a toddler to eat one without causing an unholy mess is a near impossibility. So, I've experimented, and came up with these. They're wholesome and good tasting, filling but not too sweet. Granted, a peanut butter cookie will beat this hands down in a taste test, but these are so much better for you. Additionally, the quantities of ingredients are variable, with the aim to get the consistency of a very stiff cookie dough.
- 1 cup muesli (I use Alpen)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon applesauce (very smooth, and the one I use is made with cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with your hands (really, only your hands will do- it's very difficult to get everything incorporated using a spoon).
- Scoop out a dollop and shape into a rough ball.
- Drop directly onto a foil lined pan (no need to grease the foil).
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden.