- 6 peaches, Ripe but firm halved and stones
- 6 ounces pistachios, shelled
- 2 macaroons (biscuits) or 2 amaretti (biscuits)
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons orange blossom water or 3 tablespoons rose water
- low-fat plain yogurt (optional) or fromage frais, to serve (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- orange peel, few strips
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom water or 2 tablespoons rose water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coarse chop pistachios and biscuits.
- Put into a bowl and mix into a paste with the almonds, sugar, cinnamon, egg yolk, and orange blossom water or rose water.
- Fill the cavity of each peach generously with this mixture, and arrange the fruit closely in a medium size baking dish.
- Dissolve the honey in 300ml water over a gentle heat, add cinnamon sticks, orange strips and boil for 5-6 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Stir in orange blossom water or rose water and pour around the peaches.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the peaches look soft without falling apart, basting occasionally.
- Serve with yoghurt or fromage frais.