Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from my Italian Food and Wine cookbook. Wait until the last minute to cut and stuff the peaches or they will turn brown.
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- 6 ounces almond paste
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cold butter, cut in 8 pieces
- Heat the oven to 400.
- Put a rack on a baking sheet and then put the peaches on the rack, skin-side down.
- In a food processor, puree the almond paste, water and lemon juice.
- Spoon the mixture into the centers of the peaches.
- Top each mound of almond paste with a piece of the butter.
- Bake in the lower third of the oven until the peaches are tender and the almond paste is golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.