Recipe by Phoenix 0880
These wonderful little treats are a great light dessert or a yummy snack! Quick and easy to make. Alter by adding different nuts or perhaps chocolate chips to taste.
Top Review by teresas
OMG! This is to die for delicious! I had really large peaches so we each had half of one. Very easy to prepare and because the oven was already heated from dinner this worked out perfect. We love the addition of the liqueur. Thanks for posting. :)
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons butter, soft
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 crushed toasted almond
- Grand Marnier or Cointreau liqueur
- brown sugar, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Wash and Halve and pit Peaches, place in greased pie plate or similar style pan cut side up.
- Mix together butter and sugar until smooth (mixer not required) stir in crushed almonds.
- Top each half of peach with topping.
- If desired, sprinkle with a little brown sugar and drizzle 1 ounce of Grand Marnier, Cointreau or similar liquer over peaches.
- Bake Uncovered approx 20 minutes, peaches are done when topping is browned and peaches are softened, bake longer for a softer peach.
- Use this recipe for baked apples or pears, increase baking time for harder fruits.
- When serving top with some of the sauce that forms in the pan and Whipped cream.