Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These fun oven pancakes bake like two peach pies. This recipe is from Betty Crocker. I'll be serving this for Breakfast/Brunch.
- 1⁄4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 medium fresh peaches, peeled and thinly sliced (or 1 1/2 cups canned or frozen thawed sliced peaches, drained)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Place 2 tablespoons butter in each of two 9-inch pie plates. Heat in oven until melted.
- Stir together Bisquick, milk and eggs. Arrange half of the peach slices in each pie plate. Divide batter evenly between pie plates. Stir together sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) No changes.
I made a half-recipe (one pie) and instead of using melted butter I just sprayed the pieplate with butter-flavored nonstick spray. I used frozen peaches. It was all cooked in 20 minutes and very good. This would be nice for a dessert or a special breakfast, I think. Reviewed for PAC.
Fixed these for breakfast this morning. I'm not sure if this is a breakfast food or a dessert. To me it's a bit sweet for breakfast - perhaps brunch. Had to use canned peaches since good fresh ones are in season yet. Will definitely try this again when peaches are in season. Thanks for posting. Make for PAC, Spring 2008