Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Try this for something different for breakfast. From the Pampered Chef Heart Healthy cookbook.
Make and share this Baked Peach French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 10 -14 slices French bread, 1 inch slices
- 1 (29 ounce) can peach slices, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts (try walnuts)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and sliced, can be substituted for the peaches
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread cream cheese over both sides of bread slices.
- Place bread in 13X9 inch baking pan.
- Prick bread slices several times.
- Top with peach slices.
- Sprinkle nuts over peaches
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, syrup, butter, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour mixture over bread.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until set in center.
What a great, easy recipe. Made this for breakfast on Sunday and my family applauded! Very rich-tasting and greater than the sum of its parts. This could easily be dessert. A keeper.
Even tho French toast is usually breakfast, I fixed this for dessert. VERY VERY VERY GOOD!!! Will fix again, since it is quick and tasty! Thanks, Caroline
I used peaches to make this french toast and it was so good. Very easy to put together and looks like a lot of work went into it. Perfect for brunch!