Recipe by ~Nimz~
Try this for something different for breakfast. From the Pampered Chef Heart Healthy cookbook.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
What a great, easy recipe. Made this for breakfast on Sunday and my family applauded! Very rich-tasting and greater than the sum of its parts. This could easily be dessert. A keeper.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 10 -14 slices French bread, 1 inch slices
- 1 (29 ounce) can peach slices, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts (try walnuts)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and sliced, can be substituted for the peaches
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread cream cheese over both sides of bread slices.
- Place bread in 13X9 inch baking pan.
- Prick bread slices several times.
- Top with peach slices.
- Sprinkle nuts over peaches
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, syrup, butter, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour mixture over bread.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until set in center.