Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very easy to make, delicious pate. A substantial starter or great dish for a buffet. Serve with crusty french loaf or crackers.
- 1⁄2 cup raw chicken or 1⁄2 cup turkey
- 1⁄2 cup veal, mixed with turkey
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 1 shallot, cut in half
- 3 slices raw bacon, chopped
- 6 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon brandy (sub sherry if you like)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 3 bay leaves
- In a blender, food grinder or processor (using the steel knife blade), mix the chicken, veal, garlic and shallot until fine.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the bay leaves and grind everything until the mixture is smooth and finely chopped.
- Place in a 2 cup tureen or mold with the bay leaves decorating the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until the pate pulls away from the sides and is brown on top.
- Cover and refrigerate when cold.
- Leave bay leaves on pate as a garnish.
Very easy and tasty! I used the 1-pound tube-rolls of ground chicken and pork(sub.for veal)and for the spice I used the French Quatre-epices,4 spices (7 parts pepper, 1 part each nutmeg,cloves,and cinnamon)