Recipe by Barb G.
A easy pasta dish that can be a meal or a side dish.
Top Review by Tea Girl
We liked this very much. Due to one of the other reviews, I threw in one finely chopped clove of garlic and some chopped onion when I sautÃ©ed the zucchini. My DH doesn't like black olives so I just used green ones. I am sure that we will make this one again!
- 3⁄4 lb fusilli or 3⁄4 lb orecchiette or 3⁄4 lb ortini pasta
- 5 small zucchini, 1/2 inch slices
- salt and pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, drained/chopped
- 8 black olives, sliced
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil.
- Saute Zucchini until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an oiled shallow casserole dish.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water, when pasta is almost cooked, drain and add to Zucchini.
- Add tomatoes, olives, Parmesan, rosemary and 1/2 of the mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper; if desired.
- Gently mix together.
- Cover with the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese is melted and the top is slightly browned, about 15 minutes.