Baked Pasta With Turkey, Tomatoes and Mozzarella
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat; add tomatoes, onion, garlic and cook 5 minutes until tomatoes soften.
- Stir in marinara and red pepper flakes; continue to simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in turkey.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook until very al dente; about 2 minutes less than recommended time on package of pasta.
- Drain pasta; transfer to a large bowl and toss with 2 cups of the sauce.
- Grease a 3-qt baking dish with EVOO. Layer some pasta in dish, then some sauce, basil, Parmesan and mozzarella. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used, ending with mozzarella on top.
- Bake 25 minutes, until top is golden and pasta is crisp on edges.