1 hr 30 mins
In' Seriously Simple Holidays' by Diane Rossen Worthington
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 lb cremini mushroom, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups favorite marinara sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, and finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Sauce-in a large, deep skillet (the author uses a deep flameproof casserole, but I never cook on the stovetop in a casserole pan), heat the oil over med-high heat.
- 2Cook the sausage meat, breaking up the meat with a spoon, for about 5 minutes, or until no pinkness remains.
- 3Drain of most of the fat.
- 4Add the mushrooms and saute for 4 minutes.
- 5Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- 6Add the marinara sauce and red peppers, reduced heat to medium, and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- 7Add the cream, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- 8Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- 9Taste and adjust for seasonings.
- 10Preheat the oven to 375°.
- 11Oil a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- 12Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 13Salt the water, add the pasta, and cook over high heat for 10-11 minutes, OR until al dente; drain well.
- 14In a medium bowl, combine the cheeses.
- 15Combine the pasta with the sauce in the pan; add 1 cup of the blended cheeses and arugula leaves, mixing well to combine.
- 16Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish and evenly sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 17Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the sauce begins to bubble and the cheese is browned.
- 18Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Pasta With Tomato, Red Pepper, and Sweet Italian Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.9
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 1641.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 22.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: