Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Sorry "carbo watching" folk--move on!
- 8 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce (homemade best(jarred okay)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (low fat okay)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 dash nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water until done.
- Meanwhile whisk cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Add spinach and Parmesan cheese to cream cheese mixture--stir to combine.
- Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper (set aside).
- Drain cooked pasta and mix with spaghetti sauce.
- Layer half the pasta in a 9x13 baking dish---spread cream cheese mixture over pasta layer.
- Top with remaining pasta.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil sprinkle with mozzarella and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Great, quick dish. Had most ingredients on hand. Didn't have mozzarella so I replaced with grated sharp cheddar. Tasted fine - will definitely prepare again. I also added chopped garlic to perk it up...
Oh my goodness this was delicious. I added some garlic and meat for extra flavor!
This was a yummy dish. I used a spaghetti sauce w/ meat to make it more filling. I followed other reviewers suggestions & added extra garlic. Yummy, creamy & quick.