1/2 Photos of Baked Pasta With Spinach
Sorry "carbo watching" folk--move on!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce (homemade best(jarred okay)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (low fat okay)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 dash nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water until done.
- 2Meanwhile whisk cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- 3Add spinach and Parmesan cheese to cream cheese mixture--stir to combine.
- 4Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper (set aside).
- 5Drain cooked pasta and mix with spaghetti sauce.
- 6Layer half the pasta in a 9x13 baking dish---spread cream cheese mixture over pasta layer.
- 7Top with remaining pasta.
- 8Cover with foil and bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- 9Remove foil sprinkle with mozzarella and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Pasta With Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.8
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 998.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 18.4 g