1/1 Photo of Baked Pasta With Chicken Sausage
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe makes two pans of pasta. Serve one tonight, and keep the other in the freezer for up to three months. To freeze, prepare the dish through step 4 ; let cool completely before covering tightly with plastic wrap and placing in the freezer
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup vodka (optional)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes with juice, lightly crushed with hands
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach
- 12 ounces smoked chicken sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 6 ounces Fontina cheese, 4 ounces cut into 1/2-inch cubes and 2 ounces coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic. Remove from heat; add vodka, if desired. Return to heat; cook until almost evaporated, 1 minute.
- 2Stir in tomatoes and oregano; cook until tomatoes are falling apart, 10 to 15 minutes. Add cream; cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°. Cook pasta in the boiling water until al dente, according to package instructions. Add spinach, and cook just until wilted. Drain, and return contents to pot.
- 4Add tomato sauce, sausage, and cubed fontina to pot; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Divide evenly between two shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dishes.
- 5Top with grated fontina and Parmesan. Bake until browned and edges are crisp, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 6Note: If you freeze this dish, do not thaw before baking. Remove plastic wrap, and cover with foil. Cook until heated through, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours. Remove foil, and continue with step 5.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Pasta With Chicken Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.2
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 146.7 mg
- Sodium 846.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 22.8 g