1/2 Photos of Baked Pasta With Butternut Squash and Ricotta
1 hr 25 mins
This pasta casserole is a hearty yet elegant combination of whole wheat penne, rich butternut squash, toasted walnuts, ricotta and Parmesan cheese. From weightwatchers.com - 5 Points
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 ounces butternut squash, fresh, peeled and cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 12 ounces whole wheat penne
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped & toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Coat a 2 1/2- to 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Place squash on prepared baking sheet; roast until tender, about 20 to 30 minutes. Place in a large bowl and mash.
- 3Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. After squash has been roasting for about 10 minutes, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
- 4In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk, flour, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking frequently; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in mashed squash and 2 1/2 teaspoons of thyme. Add sauce to pasta; toss to mix and coat.
- 5Transfer pasta mixture to prepared baking dish; dot with spoonfuls of ricotta and then sprinkle with Parmesan and walnuts. Bake until top is lightly browned in a few spots, about 15 to 20 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of thyme.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Pasta With Butternut Squash and Ricotta
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.0
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 9.2 mg
- Sodium 293.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 12.6 g