Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love fresh asparagus recipes. Got this one out of 100 Pasta Sauce Recipes. Serve with some crusty bread and a salad and you have a great dinner. It turns out great!
- Wash Asparagus.
- Remove any tough stalks and cut into short lengths.
- You may want to split the length in half.
- Melt about 3 tbs of butter in pan and cook the asparagus over a low heat for about 20 min.
- Every so often, add a little chicken stock to keep it moist.
- When the asparagus is done, season to taste.
- While the asparagus is cooking, process the ricotta cheese with the oil.
- Cook the pasta for half the time stated on the package.
- Drain and immediately toss in the remaining butter and half the Parmesan.
- Butter a deep oven dish.
- Make a thin layer of pasta, then one of asparagus, then one of pasta again and then one of ricotta.
- Repeat, finishing with the layer of pasta.
- Beat together the eggs and the remaining cheese and pour over the top.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake in a medium oven, 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
This dish is excellant!
I just made this using nonfat ricotta cheese and light butter. I also used Pam Olive oil spray instead of butter to "butter" the pan. It was delicious and, I'm sure, considerably lower in calories and fat. Very easy to make as well.
This is a very tasty dish but I did a couple of things wrong. The recipe says to use a deep oven dish - I used a 2 1/2" dish and this made it a bit dry - I found that 20 minutes in the oven was not enough time to cook the eggs and brown the cheese. The asparagus only needs to be sauted for about 5 minutes (I like them crisp) It is easily enough for 8 persons if it is a side dish and not the main course. I am not awarding stars because I feel it was my errors that caused it to be dry and want to be fair in my rating a/o comments