I love fresh asparagus recipes. Got this one out of 100 Pasta Sauce Recipes. Serve with some crusty bread and a salad and you have a great dinner. It turns out great!
- Wash Asparagus.
- Remove any tough stalks and cut into short lengths.
- You may want to split the length in half.
- Melt about 3 tbs of butter in pan and cook the asparagus over a low heat for about 20 min.
- Every so often, add a little chicken stock to keep it moist.
- When the asparagus is done, season to taste.
- While the asparagus is cooking, process the ricotta cheese with the oil.
- Cook the pasta for half the time stated on the package.
- Drain and immediately toss in the remaining butter and half the Parmesan.
- Butter a deep oven dish.
- Make a thin layer of pasta, then one of asparagus, then one of pasta again and then one of ricotta.
- Repeat, finishing with the layer of pasta.
- Beat together the eggs and the remaining cheese and pour over the top.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake in a medium oven, 350 degrees for 20 minutes.