1/3 Photos of Baked Pasta With Asparagus, Lemon, and Mascarpone
From the Best of Fine Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs asparagus, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 8 scallions, sliced
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 cup pignolis, toasted
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- 2Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- 3Heat a large pot of water to boil.
- 4Add asparagus and cook 2 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and run under cold water to stop cooking process, drain well.
- 5Add fettuccine to boiling water and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- 6While fettuccine is cooking, heat oil in a skillet, add scallions and saute 1 minute.
- 7Add asparagus, saute 1 minute.
- 8Remove from heat and add half the zest, lemon juice, thyme, salt, pepper; mix well; set aside.
- 9In a saucepan melt butter, add flour and mix well.
- 10Whisk in milk and stir until boiling, lower heat and cook until thickened.
- 11Remove from heat and stir in mascapone, remaining zest and 1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano, whisking until smooth.
- 12Season with allspice, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- 13Mix remaining cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper in a small bowl.
- 14For assembly:.
- 15Drain the cooked fettucine and return to pot.
- 16Stir in asparagus mixture, cheese sauce, toasted nuts and mix well.
- 17Pour into prepared pan, top with breadcrumb mixture.
- 18Bake uncovered 15-20 minutes until bubbling and golden; serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Pasta With Asparagus, Lemon, and Mascarpone
Serving Size: 1 (544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 807.7
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 113.5 mg
- Sodium 610.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 34.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: