1/3 Photos of Baked Pasta & Cheese With Tomatoes
This recipe is delicious and a little different from classic baked macaroni. I add basil pesto to my sauce and that's what makes it sooo tasty. This pasta dish is a favorite in my family, especially those hungry teens!!! Try this you'll love it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces pasta (pinwheel, cooked al dente)
- 28 ounces tomatoes (herbs & spices, pureed)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1 large white onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream (or whole milk)
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons garlic (crushed)
- 1Preheat oven at 375.
- 2Butter a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- 3Cook pinwheel pasta in salted wated until ''al dente'', reserve.
- 4finely chop the onion, reserve.
- 5In food processor, puree the tomatoes until smooth.
- 6In large bowl, mix together the pureed tomatoes, garlic, onions, basil pesto and the cooked pasta. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- 7Transfer to buttered casserole.
- 8Grate mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- 9Add cheeses on top of casserole.
- 10Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Pasta & Cheese With Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.3
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 306.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 21.5 g