Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't know where I got this recipe from but it certainly is delicious. I changed a few things as I generally do to suit my tastes. I topped this off with a mixture of 1/4 tsp. cumin, 2 cups bread crumbs and 1 cup shredded Vegan jack cheese. I also sprinkled some paprika on top for color. I didn't include the time it took to cook the pasta in this recipe.
- 1 lb vegan pasta
- 10 mushrooms (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup soymilk (plain)
- 3⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (I used arrow root powder)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon white miso (or additional salt)
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350'F.
- Boil the pasta in a large pot of boiling water as per the package directions.
- While it is cooking combine the rest of the ingredients, except the mushrooms in a blender.
- Saute the mushrooms in a tablespoons of olive oil. Set aside.
- Spray a 9"x9"x2" oven proof dish with oil.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain it reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Melt two tablespoons of Vegan margarine in the pasta pot and return the pasta to the pasta pan.
- Add the sauce mixture and cook it stirring until it boils and thickens. Add the pasta water and give it a stir.
- Add in the sauted mushrooms and give it another stir.
- Place the pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle with the bread crumb mixture (if using) and top with a little ground paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes until bubbling around the edges.
- Cool on a metal rack.
- Bon Appetit!