Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to fix...can add meat. Hit with kids!!
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups vegetables (onions, bell pepper, zuccini, broccoli, spinach, frozen mixed veg...I add almost everythn)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, for spreading on top
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- In a large pot of water add salt n let it boil. Boil pasta in this acc to package instructions.
- For the sauce, add butter into a pan and add plour to it. Once the flour is cooked and begins to change color add milk and stir till it boils. Add salt, pepper and little bit of Italian seasoning. Remove from heat, add spinach, boiled pasta n Parmesan cheese.
- In another pan heat EVOO and chopped garlic to it. Add all the vegetables and saute fro 5-6 minute Add salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- In a greased baking dish, put half the pasta. Layer the veggies and top with remaining pasta and sauce. top with the chesses and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- Note: If the sauce is too thick add more milk to it.