Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2-1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup finely crumbled gorgonzola
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1 lb pasta shells or 1 lb penne rigate
- Preheat oven to 500°; bring a big pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, combine cream, ½ cup chicken stock, all the cheeses, and salt in a large bowl; mix well.
- Taste and add more salt, if needed; set aside.
- Generously salt boiling water and drop in pasta; cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes.
- The pasta will be parboiled and too hard to eat; it will cook further in the oven.
- Drain pasta and transfer shells to the mixing bowl.
- Combine thoroughly with the sauce mixture; if it seems too thick, add some more chicken stock, a tablespoon at a time, until the pasta moves freely and is surrounded by liquid.
- Transfer to individual shallow baking dishes or to 1-2 shallow baking dishes.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the pasta is bubbly hot; serve immediately.