Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
That darned Pizza Hut commercial had my hungry for pasta - so I came up with this - fast, simple, tasty and filling!
- Remove sausage from casings, brown in large saucepan. Drain fat.
- Add sliced mushrooms - stir.
- Once mushrooms release their moisture, remove from heat.
- Put uncooked pasta in 9 x 13 pan sprayed with Pam.
- Combine sauce, meat & mushrooms, cottage cheese and shredded cheese in saucepan - mix well.
- Pour over pasta.
- Mix well to combine - push pasta under sauce.
- Cover tightly with foil - bake at 350 for 1 1/4 hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes, uncover, enjoy!
This was so, so good. Cheesy and meaty and gooey and everything you want in baked pasta. I've tried a lot of different methods for baked pasta. Using cottage cheese is a fantastic way to keep it moist (when usually baked pasta gets all dried up. For me anyways.) Made for PAC Spring 2009 Btw, did I say how good this was? Mmm, can't wait for leftovers.