Recipe by Cait 24
Kind of like lasagna, but with different noodles.
Top Review by babygirl65
Made this tonight and it was great!! It was not dry at all like most that I make. I used italian sausage instead of beef but other than that, made it as written. I will be making this again.,...family loved it!! THANKS!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 0.75 (16 ounce) box penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mozzarella cheese
- 1 quart cottage cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the pasta al dente according to box. Drain pasta.
- Fry beef and onion until brown.
- Mix cheeses, egg, and oregano, rosemary, and thyme to taste.
- In a 12 x 9 baking dish layer spaghetti sauce, then pasta, then cheese, then beef. Repeat until all ingredients are used. Always end with sauce on top.
- Bake, covered, for 30-40 minutes until bubbling.