Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious and really easy cheesecake to make.
- 250 g plain sweet biscuits
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1 kg cream cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 800 ml passion fruit pulp (the pulp of 4 passionfruits)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- Preheat the oven to 160oC.
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and process until fine crumbs are formed.
- Tip into a bowl and mix with the melted butter.
- Press into the bottom and 2cm up the sides of a 22cm lined and buttered spring form pan.
- In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla essence and passionfruit until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating lightly after each addition and stir in the cream.
- Pour into the prepared pastry shell and bake for 1 hour or until set.
- Remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool.
- Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
This recipe is super easy and deeelicious! I ended up not having enough sugar, so only had about half the recipe amount, and it definitely didn't need 1 1/4 cups of sugar!
My mom had gotten a bunch of passion fruit and she's never had it and wanted a dessert to show it off. We're happy I chose this recipe, it was easy and tangy and creamy...wonderful. I used only 1 cup of sugar, added a sour cream topping and topped it with some more passion fruit...overkill all that :D Thank you!