1/1 Photo of Baked Parsnips - Irish Recipe
Baby Kato's Note:
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - Ireland. Posted at www.ireland information.com. Small parsnips taste much nicer than the larger ones, they have a nicer texture and do not have the woody taste that the larger ones sometimes have. They are a lovely alternative to potatoes, great with chicken, beef or pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees f.
- 2Peel and quarter the parsnips and boil for 15 minutes, making sure not to let them cook completely. You want them to be par-boiled only.
- 3Place the parsnips in a large dish and add the Beef Stock , salt, pepper
- 4and nutmeg. Taste and add more salt, pepper and nutmeg, if required.
- 5Top with butter and cook for 30 minutes on a low heat in the oven.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Parsnips - Irish Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 593.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.0 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 4.1 g