Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - Ireland. Posted at www.ireland information.com. Small parsnips taste much nicer than the larger ones, they have a nicer texture and do not have the woody taste that the larger ones sometimes have. They are a lovely alternative to potatoes, great with chicken, beef or pork.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees f.
- Peel and quarter the parsnips and boil for 15 minutes, making sure not to let them cook completely. You want them to be par-boiled only.
- Place the parsnips in a large dish and add the Beef Stock , salt, pepper
- and nutmeg. Taste and add more salt, pepper and nutmeg, if required.
- Top with butter and cook for 30 minutes on a low heat in the oven.