Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Moist and tender trout fillets in a creamy Parmesan coating. This is something I serve at dinner parties and the guests rave!
- 453.59 g trout fillet
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml onion, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place trout fillets in a greased shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, onion, and salt; spread over fillets.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until fillets flake easily with a fork.
Don't expect to taste your trout with this recipe; the "sauce" dominates in flavor and texture. It's really more like preparing a hot parmesan chip/vegetable dip that you smother the fish in. We used half the amount of sour cream, parmesan etc and it was still far too much for a pound of fish, and it's all we could taste. I could see this potentially working for a tougher (and cheaper) fish.
Delicious treatment and topping on trout. Very moist. Every last bit of fish was scarfed up! I made it as written, however since my trout was fairly thick, I cooked it for 10 minutes more. Thanks for posting. I also added some dill as a garnish.
YUM! Absolutely delicious! I had to sub asiago for the parmesan and shallot for the onion but I'm sure that still kept it very close to the written recipe. It was fantastic, I will absolutely be making this dish again. Thanks for posting this winner!