Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I got from iVillage. They are delicious! Plus baking tomatoes doesn't only make them scrumptious, it also brings out those healthy lycopenes and helps you absorb them more efficiently.
- 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet.
- Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with oil and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Thanks Heirloom! I'm not willing to wait until tomatoes are in season so I frequently get a fair number of hydroponic tomatoes with textures more like tennis balls. This recipe makes them taste almost like the genuine home grown, ripened in the sun variety. Rather than fire up the oven, I used my toaster oven and the tomatoes were done in a jiffy. This is a quick, easy side dish I'll use often.
Delicious, easy and healthy! What more could you ask for? I'll be making these again... Thanks!
These are great!! I used fresh basil instead of oregano and a really good olive oil. These would be great to satisfy a craving for pizza if you were trying to keep low carb. They taste like a good quality pizza without the dough, of course. They would be great on a sandwich too. I will definitely make these again!! Thanks!