Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is wonderful to make with your garden-ripe summer tomatoes! To save time prepare the mayonnaise mixture up to a day in advance. Since we love lots of spice, I use Tabasco brand spicy brown mustard but any brand brown mustard will do for this recipe, I also add in a pinch of cayenne pepper too! Recipe can easily be doubled.
Top Review by SweetsLady
Yummy! I wanted a lite dinner as I had a big lunch and this hit the spot. I used Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning in place of the dried oregano and used just Dijon as I didn't have brown mustard. Thanks, Kittencal, for posting!! :)
- 3 large firm ripe tomatoes (sliced about 1/2-inch thick or a bit smaller)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons parmesan cheese (can use a bit less)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Lighly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard, brown mustard and oregano; mix well to combine then season with salt and pepper to taste (I use seasoned salt for this).
- Using a spoon top each tomato slice with a small amount of mayo mixture.
- Sprinkle each slice with mozzarella cheese, then sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.