1/1 Photo of Baked Parmesan Tomato Slices
This is wonderful to make with your garden-ripe summer tomatoes! To save time prepare the mayonnaise mixture up to a day in advance. Since we love lots of spice, I use Tabasco brand spicy brown mustard but any brand brown mustard will do for this recipe, I also add in a pinch of cayenne pepper too! Recipe can easily be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large firm ripe tomatoes (sliced about 1/2-inch thick or a bit smaller)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons parmesan cheese (can use a bit less)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Lighly grease a large baking sheet.
- 3In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard, brown mustard and oregano; mix well to combine then season with salt and pepper to taste (I use seasoned salt for this).
- 4Using a spoon top each tomato slice with a small amount of mayo mixture.
- 5Sprinkle each slice with mozzarella cheese, then sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- 6Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Parmesan Tomato Slices
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.1
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 673.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: