Recipe by Annacia
Garlic and parmesan coat these rich jewels of the sea. Serve them as a first course to an elegant feast or enjoy them as a main course on a bed of pasta and wilted spinach
Top Review by Big John
I really wanted to like these but they turned out rather poorly. I could not get them to crisp or even properly brown despite baking them longer than suggested. I recommend the use of a very shallow tray or cookie sheet if you want the best result.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup crushed cracker
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cups shucked oysters
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 375°F Oil a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic.
- In another bowl, combine crackers and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip oysters into oil mixture then coat with crumb mixture until evenly coated.
- Arrange in baking dish. Sprinkle with sherry and any remaining cracker mixture.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes to brown.