Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from an episode of Everyday Italian. I'm not really a mashed potato fan but these were to DIE for! They are amazing on their own or served with gravy.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- coat the bottom of a 9X13 inch baking dish with 1tbsp butter.
- cook the potatoes for about 15 minutes in a large pot of boiling, salted water until they are very tender.
- drain the potatoes and return to the pot.
- mash well.
- mix in the milk and melted butter.
- mix in the mozzarella and 3/4 cup of the parmesan.
- season to taste with salt and pepper.
- mix together the bread crumbs and remaining parmesan.
- transfer the potatoes to the baking dish and top with the bread crumb mixture.
- bake, uncovered, until topping is golden brown - about 20 minutes.
- enjoy :).
Everyone in my family enjoyed these ... even my son who is a mashed potato fanatic but doesn't usually go for the flavored variety. I will definitely be making these in the future!