Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Baked chicken strips with good crunch and lots of flavor.
Make and share this Baked Parmesan & Herb Chicken Strips recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb chicken breasts, sliced into strips or 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons roast chicken seasoning (I like Emerils Chicken Rub seasoning) or 2 tablespoons garlic and herb seasoning (I like Emerils Chicken Rub seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- nonstick cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- Place flour in shallow dish, add salt and pepper to taste.
- In another shallow dish beat egg.
- In third shallow dish mix breadcrumbs, seasoning, garlic powder, cheese, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Dip chicken strips in egg.
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Dip flour dredged chicken in egg.
- Coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place coated chicken pieces on cooking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lightly spray tops of chicken pieces with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in preheated 350 degree oven 20 -25 minutes (or longer depending on the size of your strips). For extra crunch turn oven to 425°F for last 3-4 minutes.
I can do this! And it works!
That's saying a LOT! I can screw up hard boiled eggs...The big hot box in the kitchen rarely gets used (everything is typically grilled outside, even in the winter).
I use herb and garlic seasoned bread crumbs so I skip the chicken seasoning and I skip the cheese as well. I end up needing a little more egg and not as much flour or bread crumbs than the recipe calls for, but this makes the chicken turn out really well! It's tender and juicy inside and the breading isn't too soggy or too crispy. Just right! Taste like it was much harder to make than it really was! Thank you!