Recipe by FeelinYummy
Recipe is from the Steamykitchen blog
Top Review by Lou
We really did like the taste of these wings.. great flavor, but I found the "oil,' (or butter, or oil and butter) and the seasonings and parmesan did not leave a dry mix to put on the wings It wasn't wet either. and altho it tasted wonderful, I think there must be a better way of using the final step. It really was a challenge to get it to stick to the wings. It is wonderful with the blue cheese dip.
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (like Lawry's)
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1 -2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- In a small bowl, mix together the oregano, rosemary, cumin and salt.
- Lay the chicken wings on a baking sheet and season the chicken wings with this mixture.
- Bake the chicken wings for 20-25 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, mix together the oil, fresh basil, garlic, parmesan cheese and seasoning salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the blue cheese dressing with the mustard (this is your dipping sauce).
- When the chicken is cooked through, toss the wings with the garlic/cheese/butter sauce.
- Serve with the blue cheese/mustard dressing.