Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Healthier and tastier way to serve fish. I have used flounder, catfish, grouper, perch and tilapia with great results.If your fish is not getting crispy try broiling it for a minute or so to get it crispy. Oh and parmesan from a can is ok but treat yourself and use freshly grated. You will be oh so happy you did.
- 16 ounces fish fillets
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Beat egg and milk in a shallow bowl and set aside. In a zipper bag combine breading ingredients.
- One at a time dip fillets in egg, shake off excess and turn or shake in breading in bag.
- Bake uncovered on an oiled baking sheet at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Can be served with lemon wedges if desired.
I have made this before and it does deserve 5 stars. To nursejillian... You might try this tip I got from the Rachel Ray show yesterday. She puts a cooling rack on her cooking sheet when cooking things like this. She says it keeps it from getting soggy. The other option is to use Panko crumbs instead of the flour with the seasonings. The are really crispy.
Made this last night usong talipa and it was very good. Will save and make again.
I agree with KITTENCAL, the fish is awesome! I used tilapia fillets and additional cheese and flour. I baked the fillets at 350 degrees and before putting the fish on the pan, I lined the pan with foil and sprayed it with oil. This really helped with the clean-up.