Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Classic coated chicken cutlet recipe only they are baked instead of fried which also makes this an easy recipe to prepare ahead then refrigerate until ready to cook. To add some kick, you could add a dash of red pepper flakes to the coating. These go great with a side of creamy Italian or ranch salad dressing or served with rice, risotto, or pasta.
- 1 -2 lb skinless chicken breast half (or about 4 thin skinless & boneless breasts)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (or margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (or Parmesano-Reggiano)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients minus the butter.
- Dip chicken in butter then coat with combined dry ingredients. Place in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
Great recipe. I am looking for more non-frying options and I thought it was delicious and simple to make.
This is okay in a pinch. I was hoping it would have more of a crust on the outside. It was kind of mushy.
I thought it had a good flavor and was very moist. Nice change to ordinary chicken!