Recipe by iPlayFlonkerton
Before I went vegetarian, this was one of my favorite chicken recipes. From the 365 Ways To Cook Chicken cookbook.
Top Review by drquinn0523_
Love this recipe! It's one I've used for years. I do add some minced garlic to the pan before removing the chicken to make the sauce. I also leave my chicken pieces whole, unless they're very large. You can't go wrong with this recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thick strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook, turning, until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1/4 C of the Parmesan cheese over the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish. Arrange chicken in dish.
- In the same frying pan, whisk flour into pan drippings.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk and cook, stirring constantly until smooth and thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in Swiss cheese.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Top chicken with remaining 1/4 C Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake for 45 minutes, until chicken is tender.