1 hr 5 mins
Before I went vegetarian, this was one of my favorite chicken recipes. From the 365 Ways To Cook Chicken cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 3Add chicken and cook, turning, until browned, about 10 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle 1/4 C of the Parmesan cheese over the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish. Arrange chicken in dish.
- 5In the same frying pan, whisk flour into pan drippings.
- 6Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 7Gradually add milk and cook, stirring constantly until smooth and thick.
- 8Remove from heat and stir in Swiss cheese.
- 9Pour sauce over chicken.
- 10Top chicken with remaining 1/4 C Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake for 45 minutes, until chicken is tender.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Parmesan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.5
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 123.3 mg
- Sodium 725.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 39.1 g