Recipe by C. Lloyd
So much better for you than frying and tastes delicious.
Top Review by Corina H.
This came out great! The crust was delicious and crunchy and all of the chicken was perfectly cooked. I used gluten free panko bread crumbs and just fresh grated Parmesan cheese (the kind that comes in a little tub) and I added a little garlic olive oil to the eggs, and some paprika and celery salt, basil and oregano instad of Italian seasoning. I also sprayed the cookie sheet with olive oil, which seemed to add a nice browning to the crust. I cooked it for 30 min and turned them at 15 min. Some of us used blue cheese dressing or siracha chili sauce for dipping. We served it with tomato soup and salad. Some of my adjustments were for a low FODMAP diet.
- 8 -9 chicken tenderloins or 3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1⁄3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (powdered pizza topping cheese)
- 1 1⁄4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Combine cheeses, bread crumbs and spices in a separate bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg, then bread crumb mixture, then egg, then bread crumb mixture again.
- Place chicken on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Serve over pasta with marinara sauce and mozzarella. Or place chicken on a hoagie roll with marinara and mozzarella for a Chicken Parmesan Sub. Also great for dipping with marinara or ranch.