So much better for you than frying and tastes delicious.
Make and share this Baked Panko Chicken Parmesan recipe from Food.com.
- 8 -9 chicken tenderloins or 3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1⁄3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (powdered pizza topping cheese)
- 1 1⁄4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Combine cheeses, bread crumbs and spices in a separate bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg, then bread crumb mixture, then egg, then bread crumb mixture again.
- Place chicken on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Serve over pasta with marinara sauce and mozzarella. Or place chicken on a hoagie roll with marinara and mozzarella for a Chicken Parmesan Sub. Also great for dipping with marinara or ranch.
Easy and healthy version of chicken parmesan. I also let this cook an extra 5 minutes to get it to brown. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
Very tasty however I Added more spices and broiled to add a crispy texture. My husband loved it and asked me to keep this one!
Easy to put together. I was a little leery on how this would taste simply because my chicken wouldn't brown. I let it stay in the oven for an extra 5 minutes or so to try and get it to brown, but didn't want to overcook it. It was crispy and good, browned or not. We enjoyed it and my 9 year old son said we have to make our chicken like this from now on. Thanks for sharing!