Prep 7 mins
Cook 35 mins
So much better for you than frying and tastes delicious.
- 8 -9 chicken tenderloins or 3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1⁄3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (powdered pizza topping cheese)
- 1 1⁄4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Combine cheeses, bread crumbs and spices in a separate bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg, then bread crumb mixture, then egg, then bread crumb mixture again.
- Place chicken on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Serve over pasta with marinara sauce and mozzarella. Or place chicken on a hoagie roll with marinara and mozzarella for a Chicken Parmesan Sub. Also great for dipping with marinara or ranch.
I used chicken breasts instead. My family liked it! Served it with side of pasta and spaghetti sauce.
I have made this recipe twice and both times it came out amazing! I adjusted a few things to use what I had on hand: instead of Italian herbs I used Herbs de Provence, and I didn't have garlic powder, so I chopped up two cloves. On my second run, I added truffle salt. Frickin' awesome!
Straightforward, with a tasty, crunchy crust surrounding a juicy center. :) If I had to nit-pick, I was short a little bit of the breading mixture. It could have been the way I sliced the chicken breast. I would probably increase the amount of breading and spices next time just to be on the safe side. Otherwise, I'm very pleased with the results!