Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are a more adult version of chicken nuggets that are really easy to make, lower in fat than the traditional style nuggets, and classy enough to serve to company. Great with any dipping sauces.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- chili powder, i use chipotle powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Cut chicken into bite size nugget pieces.
- Mix in bowl with oil, garlic, salt, pepper and chili power to taste. You can add variety here, but using whatever type of seasonings you want!
- Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- DO NOT drain. Stir in panko bread crumbs into the chicken until well coated and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to absorb the moisture and stick better.
- Bake in a glass dish for 15 minutes at 475 degrees.
- Serve with dipping sauces.
thanks for posting this. i just made a double batch to freeze them. they are soooo tasty. and what a money saver! i have been buying frozen chicken nuggets from Trader Joe's for my kids weekly and , at $4 for 20 nuggets - it really adds up. i made about 75 nuggets for the same price tonight. :) so happy. the kids liked them just as well. and i liked them even better. i used grapeseed oil instead of olive. and didn't use fresh garlic because it may have been too spicy for the kids - so i used a little garlic powder instead. thanks for posting this.
These are perfect! Everyone loves them from the three year old twins to the husband. Temp and cooking time make for a juicy chicken nugget that I feel good about feeding my family.
This recipe is great! It is easy and the kids love it. The time and temperature were perfect. The nuggets were crispy and juicy. My normally picky eater ate them without complaint.