Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Make and share this Baked Panko Chicken Fingers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch wide strips
- Preheat the oven to 475? F. In a large skillet, toss the panko with the oil. Toast over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer the toasted crumbs to a shallow dish or pie plate.
- In a second shallow dish, whisk together the flour, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. In a bowl, whisk together the egg whites, water, mustard and thyme.
- Spray a wire rack lightly with cooking spray and place over a rimmed baking sheet. Working in batches, dredge a few pieces of the chicken in the flour, then the egg whites, and finally the breadcrumbs to coat, shaking off the excess between each step. Lay the coated pieces on the prepared wire rack and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Spray the tops of the chicken pieces lightly with the cooking spray. Bake until the chicken is cooked through, 10-12 minutes. Serve warm.