Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I learned this recipe in a vegetarian cooking class. Easy and delicious!
- panir, from 2 gal. milk
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 3 -4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups cream
- fresh lemon or lime wedge
- Cut paneer into 1/4 inch thick squares.
- Mix all the other ingredients to form a paste (a thick creamy sauce).
- spread some of the paste on the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan, then arrange the panner squares on top of it. Spread the remaining paste on the tops of the paneer, coating thoroughly.
- Cover with foil, and marinate overnight (5-6 hours) in the refrigerator.
- Heat over to 400 degrees.
- Bake with foil on 20 minutes. Remove foil, continue baking until the tops are browned and the sauce has become like clarified butter. Serve with lemon or lime wedges.