Recipe by HappyMommy1422
From Allrecipes.com. This is a easy way to make pancakes without having to constantly flip. It's also really easy to make. Some of the reviewers on Allrecipes said they used bacon insted of sausage and some recommended leaving the meat out and using berries. Both sounded like good ideas. I'm not sure how well pancake mix would do in this recipe as I've never tried it. I have halved this recipe.
- 1 lb pork sausage link
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons shortening, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Grease well (or spray) a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
- Cook sausages over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, white sugar and salt, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add milk and shortening; mix well.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared jelly roll pan.
- Arrange sausages on top of the batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, in the preheated oven, or until pancakes are cooked through.
- Cut into 10 pieces and serve hot with butter and syrup.